Exiles Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiles Applicants

Application Forum For The Exiles of Scarshield Legion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waluin the Moonkin.

Go down 
+2
Quil
Nopio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Waluin

Waluin the Moonkin. Empty
PostSubject: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 1:41 pm

In Character

Character Name: Waluin Thistlefoot

Character Sex: Male

Character Age: About 9000, exact date has been lost even to me.

Character Race: Night Elf.

What part of the world did you grow up in: All of Northen Kalimdor, my parents were herbalists and didn't enjoy staying in one place for too long.

Do you have any family: My parents are dead and my wife left me ages ago with a son I never saw. She's out there somewhere, but I doubt she's still my family in any way.

Who are you loyal to: The Cenarion Circle or whatever organisation thye might be cooperating with.

What are your religious views: I acknowledge Elune but I do not worship her. I prefer to rely on myself than a God.

How do you feel about the Horde: I see parts of the Horde as brutes and enemies that would often serve the world better dead. However, the Horde is a varied alliance and I do not judge the race as a whole for what certain individuals might do. Though the Sin'dorei and the Forsaken probably deserve such generalisation...

What do you hope to achieve by joining The Exiles: I hope to achieve whatever plans the Circle and Exiles might have planned for me, but I have nothing personal to aim for.

How do you feel about Genocide: Killing and maiming brutally is not the right way, unless it's the only way of stopping a genocide on my people.

Are you a Demon Worshiper / Demon: I despise them over all else! A person who dabbles in the demonic magics may belive he has control, but when he loses control (and he will) I just hope he doesn't bring anyone with him in the fall. Demons are best left slaughtered. History taught me that.

Out of Character Information

Real Age: 15

Real Sex: Male

Character Class: Druid (balance specced at the moment)

Character Level: 70

Level of Spoken English (Understanding and Speaking): Good/Advanced, somewhere in between I'd say.

Level of Written English (Understanding and Speaking): Good/Advanced, same here.

Link to your Armory Page:

Please explain your choice of talents: It's quite straightforward, I've gone into pretty much everything raidrelated in Balance, lacking perhaps IFF. After filling those spots, I've gone into Restoration for Improved Mark of the Wild, Intensity and Sublety.
However, I've been having second thoughts on Balance, wishing to go Restoration, as was my plan to start with. A Resto specc would probably just be 0-0-61, since I don't fancy the Dreamstate resto specc. My gear for that isn't very good though so until I've managed to gear up, I'll probably stick with Balance.

Please list your previous guilds if any: Unity, Survivors of Aszhara, Ravencrest Wardens, Ascendancy.

Please list your previous raid experience if any: All of Kara, Gruul, tries on Void Reaver and Hydross.

Are there any members of the guild willing to sponsor you: No seasoned, probably Nopio, Quil and Linoman, with reservation for somehow gotten to know anyone else without remembering it.

How long have you been playing THIS character: A year amost exactly now.

How often do you play: Every day a few hours usually. Got time for raiding unless it doesn't take stupid proportions ( like: "Let's do all of Kara in a night on a Tuesday")

What Add Ons do you use: Omen, Deadly Boss Mods and those are pretty much all I use. I'm mostly good with what Blizz provides me with.

Why are you joining the guild: All of the three, for the social aspect (without it, what point is there to be in a guild), the RP and the raiding.

If your a DPS class what is your average effective DPS in a RAID environment:
I haven't measured it up actually in quite a while, but some quick calculations would say around 650-700, maybe higher. Most people doesn't seem to care about moonkins DPS as long as they get the aura it seems.
Back to top Go down
Waluin

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Hmm, seems my armory profile fell out somehow. Well, her it is at least:

Back to top Go down
Nopio

Nopio

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Ah yes, Mr Beaky. This druid has known me for a very long time, well not long compared to his life span. But he is very trust worthy and has saved my life on a good number of occasions when things have gone bad. One of my favourite Elves in this whole charted and uncharted world.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Even though I have not been a member long I would like to vouch for this lil Boomkin,
Despite the fact he is quite young he is amazingly mature for his age.
He is an amazing off/backup healer, Only yesterday we were in Durnholde heroic and the tank managed to mispull the healer was targetted for destruction by them instantly lucky Beaky was there otherwise we would have been goners, a quick change of weapons and he was easily keeping the tank up.

His armoury link as it wouldnt work for him: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Waluin
Back to top Go down
Quil

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:09 am

Ooc comment ftw.

This guy is a great laugh, good at what he does and is a pretty good raider, does what hes told by raid leaders and stuff, great Rper too as you can see ^^

gief wally
Back to top Go down
Alriss

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 7:20 pm

*hugs beaky bear*
Back to top Go down
Waluin

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 8:03 pm

*feels the love*

So... I'm still wondering. Am I being considered/discussed or something? I'm starting to wonder.
Back to top Go down
Haladra

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:53 pm

I dont think that anyone of "importence" have looked on the Forum yet mate
Back to top Go down
Quil

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:52 am

kinda rude.. the correct wording would be anyone of the apropriate rank has looked at the forums yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kafira

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 5:12 pm

I dont think we're looking to take in another druid currently and Hidden wont be online for a bit as hes gametime ran out so bare with us and well get back to you

But I will ask how you got your dps conclusion? Do you have a dps meter installed? We're not just looking to take in people to fill raid spots if they cant dps / raid corrently. You need to be able to DPS and control your agg at the same time
Back to top Go down
Waluin

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:02 pm

Well, no I don't have a DPS meter installed. That DPS value was a quick "about" calculation, more precisely:

Over a 12 secs period I get out 1 Insect Swarm, 1 Moonfire and 2.5x Starfire

Consider that Insect Swarm ticks for 238/tick, 4 ticks over a 12 sec period=952 damage. Moonfire hits for about 520, 1100 when critting, and ticks for 310 damage per tick, with 4 ticks= 1240 dmg by the DoT. A normal Starfire hits for 1800 damage, crits for 3.6k to 4.2k (4.25k is my top record, aidbuffe and with Wrath of Air totem boosting, though I lacked trinkets activated or my moonfire idols buff).

So, minimum damage ends up in 1800x2.5+952+520+1240/12=601. My absolute minimum is around 600DPS.

However, Moonfire can have it's idol proc 50% of the time, meaning that the starfire reaches around 2000 damage. Also, one of he Starfire procs statistically almost certainly, adding up to the DPS, both through damage and hasterating from Natures Grace. So, a more usual round would probably turn out:

2000x1.75(increased by haste received from crit)+3800+952+520+1240/12= 834.
This idol won't proc always though, so consider my damage being a bit lower the other half of the times. As i said, these numbers are calculations I've made out of game, so they are probably off a bit.

This is unbuffed if I may add, so raidbuffed my DPS is increased. My DPS varies a bit (though it's really bad luck if it hits the bottom value). Of course I haven't calculated in there risks of missing, how long I can sustain it (which I usually manage at a boss, otherwise it's just to pull out my Stranglestaff and start going wild in melee for a few secs) and such. At the time of writing my application I didn't have a DPS meter installed, and being guildless it was kind of hard to measure it in a raid environment, so some quick math took me to that result. I guess this is no miracle damage, but the I am a moonkin.
Also, i should have enough honor for Gladiators War Staff soon, then hopefully my DPS will raise a bit ^^.
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 4:10 pm

Well youve certainly worked hard on your gear id be impressed to see that level of dps from you (i.e 800+) im not convinced myself but I dont see why you couldnt be hitting 600-700 if your dps time is high enough with little problem which is more than some of our mages.

I'm not overly keen on taking in a moonkin again to be completely honest but you seem like a nice intelligent player and hell thats rare enough on this server so im definitely willing to give it a go, speak to an officer for an invite and we will see how things play out.

Im not sure but I think you have a 7% flat miss rate may be worth keeping an eye on.
Back to top Go down
https://exapp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waluin the Moonkin.   Waluin the Moonkin. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waluin the Moonkin.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exiles Applicants :: Application Results :: Your In !-
Jump to: