Exiles Applicants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiles Applicants

Application Forum For The Exiles of Scarshield Legion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Electricâ - Elemental Shaman

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nopio

Nopio

Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:56 pm

mags wrote:
Just to add, I remember I had to spec ele so u took me to Exiles because u said 1 enha shammy is enough. And it is exactly the same situation here.

Its not the same situation. The reason we had 1 enhancement shaman in tbc is because totems were only party wide and there was only 1 melee group per raid and taking more than one enhance shaman was inefficient as due to the fact that one enhance could provide both WF and GOA by totem Twisting and also an enhance shaman wouldnt do as much dps as a rogue/warrior in the same spot. Elementals and more often Resto shamans could be stacked in the raid as there would be usually 3 caster group with 1 shaman per group as they wouldnt do as much dps as a warlock.

Now in WoTLK blizzard have made it so the policy is "Take someone because you like them not because they bring specific buffs" they intend to make it so everyone does equalish dps. This is why it is now possible to stack multiples of each class.

Also if you are worried about him taking loot or him getting loot that others need, i'm willing to bet that loads of loot is being DEd because people are point hogging so it wouldn't have any effect even if he came along.

Electrica please read this bit!

Now about Hit rating, Hit requirments for the elemental shaman have changed hugely. you now not only no longer get no miss reduction from the restoration tree but you also have had the amount you recieve from talents reduced and you no longer get any from your TOW.
To become Hit capped without any external help you need 13% from hit rating(341). this is because you get -3% from talents and then -1% from being a spacegoat.
Also if you have a Shadow priest with Misery or Boomkin with Imp FF in the raid then you only need 10% from Hit rating (263)

I would advise you read this article Elemental Shaman
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:11 pm

Ah Nopio our little voice of reason.

As it has been bought up now you should aim for the lower hit cap with buff foods / potions. That is the cap you need to get secure raid spots, you should also try and have hit gear to reach the top cap in case we dont have a shadow priest with us, which is something we are trying to happen a little as possible.
Back to top Go down
https://exapp.forumotion.com
Banes

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:48 am

I Love you Nopio!

Ok you Can be EVOR (exiles voice of Reason)

I still be GMSU!

Oooo Happyos Neww Uears Eve!
Back to top Go down
Lev

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:14 am

To Hidden: If you'd bothered to read my post at all then you would have seen that i didn't say i didn't want him in the guild.. merely questioning why we were giving raid spots to people that are way under the hitcap.. you then went on to insult me.. then later in the post agree with what i said saying that he wouldn't have a guarenteed raid spot.. which, if put in the first post would have been the end of things... i just think it was a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Mags

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:21 am

If it was any other elemental I have ever met or just someone else I wouldnt say a word, the trouble is i saw his performace almost a month ago and i believed it was a cause for concern enough to comment on, overdpsed by tank isnt what we are aiming for is it? I mean if he has just dinged or something but it has been ages ( a month) and his gear doesnt seem to has changed very much. (I checked the recount stats at that time and yes he missed like 1/3 of all spells). Not to mention this guy told me once I probably dont know how to play because I didnt top high end tbc instances meters.
Im sorry if I seemed to attack someone or not welcoming the competition, it is just my personal experience with this particular player which I thought this application discussion was about.
Back to top Go down
Mah

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:28 am

Straight to the point:

OK, half of her gear is still from TBC, while the rest is new. What amazed me is that she has 2 T7 heroic pieces. That means shes regarded as a good player to be taken in 25man raids. If you noticed she has put wotlk gems and enchants (?) even in her old pieces. Thats a positive sign for me.
I would say yes...but...
On the other hand, i can totally understand Mags. She fears she might lose her spot, BECAUSE she has a feeling that Electrica has the potential and might become better that her. THATS OK!!
I had the exact same fear when Dreamdust had applied in the Summer and..*cough* thats why i turned him down. ( "To test a man's character, give him power" lol )

Im confused Suspect

Stop the Flame Wars, youre gonna burn the forums down!!!
Happy New Year btw Sleep
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:10 am

Dont get me wrong Lev but I haven't seen you post in this forum for a long time if ever (you dont even have an account for this forum), you can understand why I am a bit reluctant to not hold back my opinion when the pair of you decide to try and block what could be a potentially useful assest to the guild on what appeared to be personal motives, especially when your using an arguement that you personally know isnt even an issue (current gear its christmas for gods sake not all of us play constantly, totem stacking already been addressed and frankly given the dozens of blue posts talking about dps and take who you want let alone the crying by pures that hybrids out dps them i do not believe you weren't aware of that) the major thing his gear is lacking as you pointed out in your first post is hit, however given thats relatively easy to fix and he has a good player with a very strong vouch on his ability, so should I deny him because hes currently lacking something that would take a day to fix ? No.

Would he get a guaranteed raid spot without being hit capped ? No, no one does, thats how it works, it was never on the table that he would, why you felt the need to point it out ? Again to me points at personal reasons.

As for Mags alright we will see if hes a bad player, if he cant do his job hell be replaced, thats the danger of dps, incredibly easy to replace bad ones, which is what this application is about.

And no Im not talking about you.

Just to be crystal clear on my position I don't mind Lev trying to stick up for Mags, I would have preferred however in stead of flimsy screening and Lev taking the lead, that Mags on her own had just said "I dont like this guy, last time I played with him he wasnt very good, hes been rude to me in the past, he called me a noob and hes the noob look how much hit he has" I would have given that a lot more weight than what actually followed.
Back to top Go down
Electrica

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Well thanks for the nice comments from some people and thank you for those who observe very well, i didnt relise these wotlk changes, in tbc i didnt need alot of hit rating i only had very very little from tbc badge gear (14 from the old head enchant and from belt), ive replaced the majority of my gear, i no longer need any gear from emblems of heroism, and mabye only a few peices i could use from heroics. So as you can see its not exactly really easy to get gear from pugs in naxx. And most likely i just dinged when you saw me doing 1400 dps and missing 1/3 of spells, which you should consider reasonable for missing that much spells as i just dinged, i beleive i did VoA heroic when i dinged it was probably in there. also your a mage i beleive mags? you'd have had the hit rating as that was essential for mages but not for elemental shamans (at the time i was not aware of the big changes) Also ive been invited to alot of semi guild/pug runs with the guild Unnautral, sometimes im the only pugger there. I didnt have a problem with dps and as i said i did 2k dps minimum while doing a boss, i did most of the plague quarter with them and i did the 4 horsemen and i experianced sapharion, as i had to go at that time and they managed to get Kel'thuzad too 20% hp. Im working a bit on my hit rating atm, as you could imagine its quite hard finding gear from heroics/badge gear that is mail, has spell damage and crit rating / hit rating, so i have 3% from talents and 1% from racial passive and 3.62% from my hit rating(7.62%). Oh yeah the totem stacking, i beleive the wrath totems still stack i havnt tested since tbc to be honest, but mana totem stacks and so does health totem i think, but mana totem stacks thats for sure (but its only group wide) , and when i stacked mana totem it was with a resto shaman and he had improved (42 mp2) and my totem was (32 mp2) if they have the same stats but if one has improved and one doesnt then it should stack, now some buffs from classes dont stack so say... i had normal totem of strength, 155 agility/strength and someone had horn of winter (also 155 agility/strength) most likely my totem or his/her buff with be replaced by either of us, but if he had improved then it should stack im just saying this im not 100% sure of it. Just to add im missing alot of my mp5 from my armory link due to me not being buffed with my water shield there. And you dont need to allow me to sign up/attend for raids this fast you know, i dont want people to feel replaced or even neglected is some way tongue. Also, no need to judge me by what you see here, im always open for a trial in a instance or raid you know =p mabye something like loken in HoL heroic,

Happy New Year everyone Wink
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:23 pm

No shes a shaman as well as I thought would be obvious from the discussions in this thread. So you need the hit, which youve always needed, i.e. 16% (because your draeni vs spell casters) you used to have a totem which gave it but now doesnt (however you still can count that hit most the time as a shadowpriest covers it) so you need 13% you used to have two talents which took that down for a total of 7% ? So you only needed 6% hit from gear, now you only get 3% off so you need to gear for 10% hit.

As with leather there isnt an amazing amount of mail with spell power and hit on it full stop in fact according to http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.3&filter=minrl=80;maxrl=80;cr=119:123;crs=1:1;crv=0:0 only your set pieces do, this means you either need to wear cloth, or gem / enchant / food / pot / trinkets / weapon / cloak / rings for hit.

Nothing is worth more dps than being hit capped in raids until you are hit capped.
Back to top Go down
Electrica

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:42 pm

So it is then, i need to work on my hit cap and sorry mags i always beleived you to be a mage for some reason. but imo i beleive having to get so much hit rating for say a raid like naxx normal is insane,
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Well you dont have to but then youll have trouble hitting 3k dps which means youll only be taken as a reserve and you definately wont be able to hit the dps requirement for the 25man.

Raid bosses are raid bosses, youll do more dps by loosing a huge chunk of your crit and being hit capped than you will without it.
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:39 pm

And tbh even replacing all your current yellow sockets with cheap hit gems would go a along way, 20 hit enchant on hands, enchant your weapon obviously 50 spellpower is cheap, and ideally either enchant your boots 15 hit /crit (icewalker)

That would get you another 105 hit, get the badge neck, thats another 25, total 130 as you need another 168 on top of what you actually have at the moment to reach soft cap, eat hit buff food that will make you capped until you have an item to make you reach cap.

You could also replace your blue trinket with the hit trinket version http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37873.

You could also if you want to solo mech normal or get a group to run you though mech heroic which should get you exalted with shatar which means you could buy the spl dmg + hit enchant for your head, though thats only 10 hit, still its 10hit you dont need to get on gear or gem for.

Also you can do what mags has done and get the badge off hand rather than using a shield http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=40698
Back to top Go down
Electrica

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Well i could start working on it, and sorry mags i didnt recognize you without your full name, there is a mage i played with, he had a short name like mags
Back to top Go down
Nopio

Nopio

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Totems have also changed a large amount as the majority of them are now raid wide

I currently believe no raid wide totems stack with each other and if they do it is considered an exploit as they shouldn't. I will be testing your claim when I come back from holiday but I am highly doubtful it will work as it would also be common knowledge by now. Totem of Wrath definitely does not stack any more.

There are currently 4x Party wide totems that do stack though usually they aren't because you don't usually have multiple shamans in one group.
Tremor
Poison Cleansing
Disease Cleansing
Mana Tide (Restoration Only)

Mags is short for Magdushka
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm not even convinced if it did work it would be worth it unless you where seriously stacking shamans.

If you have 3 caster / mana user groups you'd need at least 2 of one kind and 3 of the other to pull it off without hurting anyone.

And Dreanei Racial is group only which I didn't realize.
Back to top Go down
Lev

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:35 pm

To Electrica: Heya man. I'm sorry if you felt i was attacking you. That wasn't the intention it just got to a point where it ended up looking like someoe of the same class and spec didn't want another in the guild. Thats wasn't the intention and I apologise if thats how it came across. Welcome to the guild then i take it Smile

To Mahony: You misunderstand. She doesn't mind the competition at all. Its just we have all seen alot of people come in and underperform (people who arn't awfully geared) and then walk away with everything. The points system is going some way into solving that. The 25 man gear that he's got incidently is from the vault of archivon which anyone that happens to be in wintergrasp can go to. Its more of a shout over general chat "who wants to come".

To Hidden: Thanks. To be honest i took more of a leading role because mags told me about this guy and to be honest she was very worried about saying anything because she is unsure exactly how you feel about her and she doesn't see you two on great terms and didn't want to say anything to fuel the fire so to speak.
Back to top Go down
KKKAZZ

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:15 pm

I out dpsd furium in rp gear. Bad example if you ask me Wink
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:30 pm

rofl that was a funny hyjal run
Back to top Go down
Electrica

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:34 pm

lol, i out dpsed furium when i was in his guild and we were doing progressing raids, and the totem stacking thing, im not 100% certain as i said, it was basically a theory. but the mana totem i was 100% sure stacked, i dont know why i had a resto shaman in my group in naxx when we did it, i even mentioned it too the raid leader because i know its only group wide. and yeah i got my t7 from VoA heroic tongue very easy to get. And i need to gem/enchant my gear with better gems/enchants and get better gear and raise my hit rating a bit.
Back to top Go down
Nopio

Nopio

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Mana spring restores mana to the whole raid not just your group
Back to top Go down
Mags

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:16 pm

wowwiki: " Unlike many other totems, Mana Spring Totem only affects the shaman's own group and not the whole raid."

Ye so its good to have one shammy in every caster group, this, same as disease and poison cleansing totems, and tremor, only work for group. All other totems work for the whole raid. Also when u have more shammies in one group, this totem stacks (same with tremor and cleansing totems) but apparently only when the totems dont give the same amount of mana- 1 is ele/enha and another is resto. That is not a proved information though.
Back to top Go down
Nopio

Nopio

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:43 am

thats abit daft with the stacking. Didn't know it was party wide either.
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:07 am

All the mana return totems are definitely party wide only.
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:07 am

Turns out the mana totem claim was in fact true.

Anyway this was an accepted though I havent seen Electrica in game.
Back to top Go down
Electrica

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and support, and 4 pages wow arnt i popular Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electricâ - Elemental Shaman   Electricâ - Elemental Shaman - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electricâ - Elemental Shaman
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next